ESLint 0.15.0 released
We just pushed ESLint 0.15.0, which is a minor release upgrade. This release includes new features and bug fixes.
This is a summary of the major changes you need to know about for this version of ESLint.
More Language Options
- Spread operator
- Rest parameters
All of these options are off by default, and you can enable them in your configuration file. See Configuring ESLint for more information.
Note: The AST structure for default parameters and rest parameters is still undergoing change and discussion. We recommend not creating custom rules using default or rest parameters until after ESLint 1.0.0.
New Rule: space-before-function-parentheses
We had a significant gap in spacing after function names and before anonymous function parentheses. In order to cover this case, we removed
checkFunctionKeyword option from
space-after-keywords and deprecated
space-after-function-name (it will be removed in 1.0.0). You should switch your code to use the new
space-before-function-parentheses as soon as possible.
We're very close to 1.0.0. The last piece we're waiting for is to have the ECMAScript 6 AST finalized so that it's safe to start writing custom rules using ES6 nodes. You can follow that progress at the estree project.
- Breaking: space-before-function-parentheses replaces space-after-function-name and checkFunctionKeyword (fixes #1618) (Mathias Schreck)
- Fix: Don't count else-if in max-depth (fixes #1835) (Nicholas C. Zakas)
- Fix: Don't flag for-of statement (fixes #1852) (Nicholas C. Zakas)
- Fix: Enable globalReturn for Node.js environment (fixes #1158) (Nicholas C. Zakas)
- Fix: Location of extra paren message (fixes #1814) (Nicholas C. Zakas)
- Fix: make rules work with for-of statements (fixes #1859) (Mathias Schreck)
- Fix: new-cap should allow defining exceptions (fixes #1424) (Brian Di Palma)
- Fix: Remove unnecessary file exists check (fixes #1831) (Nicholas C. Zakas)
- New: multi-line option for the curly rule (fixes #1812) (Hugo Wood)
- New: rule no-throw-literal added (fixes #1791) (Dieter Oberkofler)
- Update: Add requireReturnDescription for valid-jsdoc (fixes #1833) (Brian Di Palma)
- Update: Backslashes in path (fixes #1818) (Jan Schär)
- Docs: Change customformat value to path (suisho)
- Docs: Add a missing word in the Contributing doc (Ben Linskey)
- Docs: add webpack loader to the docs/integrations page (Maxime Thirouin)
- Docs: fix typo in configuring docs (mendenhallmagic)
- Docs: Fix typo in wrap-iife rule doc title (Ben Linskey)
- Docs: Update pages to fix rendering of lists (David Anson)
- Docs: Update pages to fix rendering of lists and fenced code blocks (David Anson)
- Build: Test using io.js as well (Nicholas C. Zakas)