ESLint 0.20.0 releasedby Nicholas C. Zakas, Kai Cataldo - 24 April 2015
We just pushed ESLint 0.20.0, which is a minor release upgrade. This release includes new features and bug fixes.
This is a summary of the major changes you need to know about for this version of ESLint.
Updating Rules for ECMAScript 6
We're still getting a fair number of bug reports related to specific ECMAScript 6 features. The good news is that the bug report rate has slowed dramatically, so we're getting to a much more stable place in terms of ES6 support. Keep those bug reports coming!
Scoped Plugin Support
This release adds support for scoped npm modules (beginning with
@eslint/, for example). This is a new feature that npm recently released, and we're happy to follow up by allowing you to use scoped packages as ESLint plugins. See #2360 for more information.
With the ESTree changes in, we just have a few outstanding issues before releasing 1.0.0. Those issues are:
- #2302 - create a way to bootstrap
.eslintrcfiles for new users
- #2284 - should we switch to using 1-based column numbers instead of 0-based column numbers?
- #2226 - split space-in-brackets rule; implement array-literal-spacing and computed-property-spacing rules.
- #2225 - split space-in-brackets rule; implement curly-braces-spacing rule.
Reminder: we are preparing a list of breaking changes that will be coming in v1.0.0 and are tracking them on [[#1898](https://github.com/eslint/eslint/issues/1898)](https://github.com/eslint/eslint/issues/1898). Stay tuned to that issue so you know what to expect.
- Fix: Add
v8module to no-mixed-requires rule (fixes #2320) (Gyandeep Singh)
- Fix: allow plugins to be namespaced (fixes #2360) (Seth Pollack)
- Fix: Column position in space-infix-ops rule (fixes #2354) (Gyandeep Singh)
- Fix: key-spacing with single properties (fixes #2311) (Brandon Mills)
- Fix: Load .eslintrc in $HOME only if no other .eslintrc is found (fixes #2279) (Jasper Woudenberg)
- Fix: newline-after-var declare and export (fixes #2325) (Gyandeep Singh)
- Fix: newline-after-var to ignore declare in for specifiers (fixes #2317) (Gyandeep Singh)
- Fix: space-in-brackets to work with modules (fixes #2216) (Nicholas C. Zakas)
- Fix: support arrow functions in no-extra-parens (fixes #2367) (Michael Ficarra)
- New: add --stdin-filename option (fixes #1950) (Mordy Tikotzky)
- New: object-shorthand rule (refs: #1617) (Jamund Ferguson)
- Update: backticks support for quotes rule (fixes #2153) (borislavjivkov)
- Update: one-var: enable let & const (fixes #2301) (Joey Baker)
- Update: Use
Object.assign()polyfill for all object merging (fixes #2348) (Sindre Sorhus)
- Docs: Add meteor to avaiable environments list (bartmichu)
- Docs: Some typos and grammar. (AlexKVal)
- Docs: Update markdownlint dependency, resolve/suppress new issues. (David Anson)