ESLint v2.5.3 released
We just pushed ESLint v2.5.3, which is a patch release upgrade of ESLint. This release fixes several bugs found in the previous release.
This is a summary of the major changes you need to know about for this version of ESLint.
Rolling Back of Bundled Dependencies
In v2.5.0, we started bundling dependencies with ESLint. The goal was to create a more stable ESLint package that was functional regardless of the state of npm. Unfortunately, this process turned out to be more complicated than we expected. As we continued to get bug reports over the past couple of days, we decided to revert the bundling of dependencies for now until we can investigate further.
- 98e6bd9 Fix: Correct default for indentation in
eslint --init(fixes * #5698) (alberto)
- 679095e Fix: make the default of
options.cwdin runtime (fixes * #5694) (Toru Nagashima)
- c41fab9 Fix: don't use path.extname with undefined value (fixes * #5678) (Myles Borins)
- 1cc7f8e Docs: Remove mention of minimatch for .eslintignore (Ian VanSchooten)
- 5bd69a9 Docs: Reorder FAQ in README (alberto)
- 4f06f2f Docs: Distinguish examples in rules under Best Practices part 2 (Mark Pedrotti)
- 8c5d954 Docs: Typo fix (István Donkó)
- 09659d6 Docs: Use string severity (Kenneth Williams)
- a4ae769 Docs: Manual changelog update for v2.5.1 (Nicholas C. Zakas)