ESLint v5.0.0-alpha.2 released
We just pushed ESLint v5.0.0-alpha.2, which is a major release upgrade of ESLint. This release adds some new features and fixes several bugs found in the previous release. This release also has some breaking changes, so please read the following closely.
This is a summary of the major changes you need to know about for this version of ESLint.
Since this is a pre-release version, you will not automatically be upgraded by npm. You must specify the
next tag when installing:
You can also specify the version directly:
As there are a lot of changes, we’ve created a migration guide describing the changes in great detail along with the steps you should take to address them. We expect that most users should be able to upgrade without any build changes, but the migration guide should be a useful resource if you encounter problems.
- 02e44a5 Breaking: remove TDZ scopes (fixes #10245) (#10270) (Toru Nagashima)
- c74933b Breaking: remove extra check in getScope (fixes #10246, fixes #10247) (#10252) (Toru Nagashima)
- 8b7c6ea Breaking: report fatal error for linting nonexistent files (fixes #7390) (#10143) (Teddy Katz)
- 9100819 Breaking: fix plugin resolver in extends (fixes #9904) (#10236) (Toru Nagashima)
- c45f1d0 Breaking: add rules to recommended (fixes #8865) (#10158) (薛定谔的猫)
- 1d443a0 Fix: valid-jsdoc does not know async function returns (fixes #9881) (#10161) (Rachael Sim)
- f9c7371 Fix: do not autofix object-shorthand with comments (fixes #10038) (#10238) (Malcolm Groves)
- 510ca8b Docs: make grammatical tweaks in migration guide (#10278) (Teddy Katz)
- 8799972 Docs: make template link wording more clear (#10219) (David Luzar)
- 4672b56 Docs: Correct wording in the
smart-tabsdocs page (#10277) (Jed Fox)
- 85a5191 Docs: Update JSCS FAQ (#10221) (alberto)
- 8e89d5c Docs: Fix typo (#10223) (alberto)
- c0c331e Docs: Add Prettier to FAQ (#10222) (alberto)
- 2443627 Docs: add backticks in getter-return (#10218) (薛定谔的猫)
- 74bb5b5 Docs: Fix misspelling in changelog (#10216) (Kevin Partington)