ESLint v5.0.0-alpha.3 released
We just pushed ESLint v5.0.0-alpha.3, which is a major release upgrade of ESLint. This release adds some new features and fixes several bugs found in the previous release.This release also has some breaking changes, so please read the following closely.
This is a summary of the major changes you need to know about for this version of ESLint.
- Two new rules have been added:
CLIEngineAPI now supports a
globInputPathsoption to disable glob resolution when linting files.
Since this is a pre-release version, you will not automatically be upgraded by npm. You must specify the
next tag when installing:
npm i eslint@next --save-dev
You can also specify the version directly:
npm i firstname.lastname@example.org --save-dev
As there are a lot of changes, we've created a migration guide describing the changes in great detail along with the steps you should take to address them. We expect that most users should be able to upgrade without any build changes, but the migration guide should be a useful resource if you encounter problems.
- 41f0f6e Breaking: report multiline eslint-disable-line directives (fixes #10334) (#10335) (Teddy Katz)
- 09dde26 Breaking: new object-curly-newline/no-self-assign default (fixes #10215) (#10337) (Teddy Katz)
- 1a6b399 New: Adds prefer-object-spread rule (refs: #7230) (#9955) (Sharmila Jesupaul)
- c4109b2 New: add max-classes-per-file rule (#10163) (James Garbutt)
- 514013c New: Add
globInputPathsCLIEngine option (fixes #9972) (#10191) (Pierre Vanduynslager)
- d65f11d Fix: correct comma fix in spare array (fixes #10273) (#10329) (Malcolm Groves)
- c343d86 Fix: do not autofix octal escape sequence (fixes #10031) (#10240) (Malcolm Groves)
- bb6090f Fix: Throw error when --ignore-path not a file (fixes #10076) (#10205) (Malcolm Groves)
- 82757b2 Docs: Adding a little guidance to rule documentation (#10301) (Justin)
- 2f30aa5 Docs: add a better vim linting engine (#10292) (Jon Smithers)
- df2c1fb Docs: improve formatter guide (refs #9550) (#10294) (Dominic Lee)
- a960d69 Docs: remove outdated notes from migration guide (#10279) (Teddy Katz)
- 4ccd25a Chore: add eslint-plugin-node to eslint-config-eslint(fixes #10319) (#10320) (薛定谔的猫)
- 02e7b28 Chore: upgrade deps (#10339) (薛定谔的猫)
- 1397179 Chore: unskip test for scope analysis (#10336) (Teddy Katz)
- 99b842d Chore: upgrade email@example.com (#10325) (Tim Schaub)
- fe91859 Chore: Update issue templates with new format (#10309) (Ilya Volodin)
- f7330c1 Chore: Add ESLint path to plugin-missing message (#10283) (Kevin Partington)