Note: This version of ESLint is not ready for production use and is provided to gather feedback from the community before releasing the final version. Please let us know if you having any problems or feedback by creating issues on our GitHub repo or joining our Gitter channel.
This is a summary of the major changes you need to know about for this version of ESLint.
Since this is a pre-release version, you will not automatically be upgraded by npm. You must specify the
next tag when installing:
npm i eslint@next --save-dev
You can also specify the version directly:
npm i firstname.lastname@example.org --save-dev
As there are a lot of changes, we’ve created a migration guide describing the changes in great detail along with the steps you should take to address them. We expect that most users should be able to upgrade without any build changes, but the migration guide should be a useful resource if you encounter problems.
- abf400d Update: Add ignoreDestructing option to camelcase rule (fixes #9807) (#10373) (Andrew Lunny)
- 640bf07 Update: Fixes multiline no-warning-comments rule. (fixes #9884) (#10381) (Scott Stern)
- dc4075e Update: fix false negative in no-use-before-define (fixes #10227) (#10396) (Toru Nagashima)
- 917108d Update: Add requireParamType option to valid-jsdoc (fixes #6753) (#10220) (Tomasz Sterna)
- fe8bec3 Fix: fix writing config file when
prompt(#10422) (Pig Fang)
- 3e9f33a Fix: prevent crashing from JSON parsing error (fixes #10364) (#10376) (Pig Fang)
- 636457d Fix: parse later ES files in
eslint --init(fixes #10003) (#10378) (Pig Fang)
- 3721841 Docs: Add new experimental syntax policy to README (fixes #9804) (#10408) (Kevin Partington)
- d0aae3c Docs: Create docs landing page (#10453) (Kevin Partington)
- 1984c21 Docs: move custom parsers docs into a page (fixes #9919) (#10431) (Pig Fang)
- 400d4b5 Docs: Add rest and spread operator changes to migration guide (#10416) (Yannick Croissant)
- e2b394d Upgrade: espree and eslint-scope to rc versions (#10457) (Kevin Partington)
- e7bdd02 Upgrade: Consume email@example.com (#10410) (Kevin Partington)