Here are some highlights of changes in this release.
The following rules have been updated to include autofixing:
If you’ve been using the
--cache feature, it will now optionally create a directory for your cache instead of a file. This change means that it’s possible to use a single cache for every project you work on rather than one cache per project.
To facilitate this change, we are deprecating
--cache-file in favor of
--cache-location, which can accept either a file path or a directory (be sure to include the trailing slash to indicate a directory). The
--cache-file flag will be removed in v2.0.0.
Read more in the documentation.
RuleTester just got a bit smarter. It will now verify that the AST was not modified during execution of a rule. This was added as it’s possible for rules to accidentally modify the AST during execution, and that modification can negatively affect other rules. The
RuleTester will now fail any test that modifies the AST.
- New: Add rule no-arrow-condition (fixes #3280) (Luke Karrys)
- New: arrow-body-style rule (fixes #4109) (alberto)
- Update: Add support for class in
valid-jsdocrule (fixes #4279) (Gyandeep Singh)
- Update: cache-file accepts a directory. (fixes #4241) (royriojas)
- Update: Add
maxEOFto no-multiple-empty-lines (fixes #4235) (Adrien Vergé)
- Update: fix option for comma-spacing (fixes #4232) (HIPP Edgar (PRESTA EXT))
- Update: RuleTester come to check AST was not modified (fixes #4156) (Toru Nagashima)
- Update: Add
no-shadowrule (fixes #3035) (Gyandeep Singh)
- Update: Option to exclude afterthoughts from no-plusplus (fixes #4093) (Brody McKee)
- Update: Add linebreak style option to eol-last (fixes #4148) (alberto)
- Fix: Check for node property before testing type (fixes #4298) (Ian VanSchooten)
- Fix: Missing errors in space-in-parens (fixes #4257, fixes #3996) (alberto)
cacheLocationhandles paths in windows style. (fixes #4285) (royriojas)
- Fix: Prepare config before verifying SourceCode (fixes #4230) (Ian VanSchooten)
- Fix: wrong count for ‘no-multiple-empty-lines’ on last line (fixes #4228) (alberto)
- Fix: Check node exists before checking type (fixes #4231) (Ian VanSchooten)
- Docs: Specify ‘double’ as default for quotes (fixes #4270) (Ian VanSchooten)
- Docs: fixed typo (Mathieu M-Gosselin)
- Docs: fixed typo (mpal9000)
- Docs: Fix use of wrong word in configuration doc (Jérémie Astori)
- Docs: Add alberto as a committer (Gyandeep Singh)
- Build: Do not stub console in testing (fixes #1328) (Gyandeep Singh)