ESLint v2.4.0 released
We just pushed ESLint v2.4.0, which is a minor release upgrade of ESLint. This release adds some new features and fixes several bugs found in the previous release.
This is a summary of the major changes you need to know about for this version of ESLint.
babel-eslint Compatibility Fix
The v2.3.0 release introduced a change that broke compatibility with
babel-eslint. We realize that a lot of you depend on
babel-eslint and so we wanted to make sure to restore compatibility as quickly as possible. We couldn't undo the change that cause the problem as it would have caused a regression for ESLint, and it took us some time to figure out the right approach to solve the problem.
babel-eslint compatibility is now restored with a permanent solution that should prevent this from happening again. We appreciate your patience as we tried to determine the best long-term solution.
- 97b2466 Fix: estraverse/escope to work with unknowns (fixes #5476) (Nicholas C. Zakas)
- 641b3f7 Fix: validate the type of severity level (fixes #5499) (Shinnosuke Watanabe)
- 03e6869 Fix: newline-before-return: bug with comment (fixes #5480) (mustafa)
- ad100fd Fix: overindent in VariableDeclarator parens or brackets (fixes #5492) (David Greenspan)
- 9f18a81 Fix: Ignore destructuring assignment in
object-shorthand(fixes #5488) (alberto)
- 38eb7f1 Fix: key-spacing checks ObjectExpression is multiline (fixes #5479) (Kevin Partington)
- 9592c45 Fix:
no-unmodified-loop-conditionfalse positive (fixes #5445) (Toru Nagashima)
- 9ee8869 Docs: no-unused-expressions - add more edge unusable and usable examples (Brett Zamir)
- 56bf864 Docs: Create parity between no-sequences examples (Brett Zamir)
- ae1ee54 Docs: fix func-style arrow exception option (Craig Martin)
- 91852fd Docs: no-lone-blocks - show non-problematic (and problematic) label (Brett Zamir)
- b34458f Docs: Rearrange rules for better categories (and improve rule summaries) (Brett Zamir)
- 1198b26 Docs: Minor README clarifications (Brett Zamir)
- 9b8e04b Docs: Replace all node references to Node.js which is the official name (Brett Zamir)
- cc1f2f0 Docs: Minor fixes in no-new-func (Brett Zamir)
- 6ab81d4 Docs: Distinguish examples in rules under Best Practices part 1 (Mark Pedrotti)
- 979c096 Docs: Document linebreak-style as fixable. (Afnan Fahim)
- 5d9a798 Docs: README.md, prefer-const; change modified to reassigned (Michiel de Bruijne)