How ESLint is Maintained
This page explains the different roles and structures involved in maintaining ESLint.
The ESLint Team
The ESLint team works together to develop and maintain ESLint. To learn more about the different roles on the ESLint team, refer to Governance. To see the current team members, refer to Team.
The OpenJS Foundation does not participate in the day-to-day functioning of ESLint.
ESLint is funded through several sources, including:
- Open Collective: A platform for financing open source projects.
- GitHub Sponsors: A platform for funding open source projects associated with Github.
- Tidelift: A subscription service that lets enterprises manage and fund the open source projects that their organization uses.
- Carbon Ads: Developer-centric advertising provider used on eslint.org.
- Stackaid.us: Tool that developers can use to allocate funding to the open source projects they use.
ESLint uses this funding for the following purposes:
- Pay team members and contractors
- Fund projects
- Pay for services that keep ESLint running (web hosting, software subscriptions, etc.)
- Provide financial support to our dependencies and ecosystem
Joining the Maintainer Team
ESLint is an open-source project, and anyone can contribute to the project. If you’re interested in becoming part of the maintainer team, stop by our Discord and introduce yourself.