How ESLint is Maintained
This page explains the different roles and structures involved in maintaining ESLint.
The ESLint Team
The OpenJS Foundation does not participate in the day-to-day functioning of ESLint.
ESLint is funded through several sources, including:
- Open Collective: A platform for financing open source projects.
- GitHub Sponsors: A platform for funding open source projects associated with Github.
- Tidelift: A subscription service that lets enterprises manage and fund the open source projects that their organization uses.
- Carbon Ads: Developer-centric advertising provider used on eslint.org.
- Stackaid.us: Tool that developers can use to allocate funding to the open source projects they use.
ESLint uses this funding for the following purposes:
- Pay team members and contractors
- Fund projects
- Pay for services that keep ESLint running (web hosting, software subscriptions, etc.)
- Provide financial support to our dependencies and ecosystem
Joining the Maintainer Team
ESLint is an open-source project, and anyone can contribute to the project. If you’re interested in becoming part of the maintainer team, stop by our Discord and introduce yourself.